- Hand Hygiene
- Life of a Wildlife Carer
- Dirty Wounds? We have the solution!
- Pet Of The Month
- The Basic of Fluid Therapy
- Joint disorders in dogs and corrective procedures
- The differences between TPLO, TTA and MMP cranial cruciate ligament rupture surgery
- Body And Muscle Condition Scoring
- Fluid Therapy - Rehydration Calculations
Hand hygiene is simple but not trivial
Hand hygiene is one of the most important measures for preventing infections. It remains a mammoth undertaking around the world.
Soon it's May 5th, and another World Day. This time, it's World Hand Hygiene Day. The WHO initiated it in 2009 and is part of the "Save lives – clean your hands" campaign. But is hand hygiene really a problem that needs a global day of its own? Some facts:
In principle, washing and disinfecting hands is simple. There are effective and well tolerated products and in clinics and veterinary practices, it is well known: staff members' hands are the most significant pathogenic transmission vehicles. That's why hand hygiene is one of the most important measures for preventing infections. Our infograph shows the essential steps.